Ford announced today the release of a software update to more than 5 million SYNC-equipped vehicle owners adding hands-free access to iPhone features via Siri Eyes-Free.
Siri Eyes-Free allows drivers to activate Siri with a long press of the voice recognition button on the steering wheel. The following features can be accessed:
– Making phone calls to contacts in their address book
– Looking up phone numbers for restaurants or other points of interest
– Setting a reminder or alarm
– Asking about the weather
– Select and play music
– Audibly send and receive text messages
– Getting directions through Apple Maps
The new software update is available for vehicles equipped with the second generation of SYNC, known as MyFord Touch in North America, ranging from model years 2011 to 2016.
See a short demo below: